Thursday, April 29, 2010

So Long, Insecurity!

My mom and I had the wonderful opportunity to attend the Beth Moore Simulcast this past weekend, and very much enjoyed and were convicted by her message. (Along with 300,000 other women across North America!)   (Thanks, Dad and Tim for watching the girls so we could enjoy a little mother-daughter time!)  We learned very quickly that insecurity is not humility and actually is a form of sin and pride as one's insecurities (my insecurities!) cause one to constantly be focused on themselves and what others are thinking of them.  She outlined, in the funny, heart-warming, insightful, energetic way that only Beth Moore can, what it looks like to be a secure woman in Christ.  Her words and the scriptures she spoke from have continued to minister to me all week.  It is my hope, that each day, I can continue to live as the redeemed daughter of the King that I am.  If not for my own sake, for the sake of my little girls, who do and will look to me as an example of what security in Christ looks like. 
As the event wrapped up, she asked us to turn to the woman beside us, and say these words to each other.  It was a really meaningful thing to say these words to my mom and to hear her say them to me:  (I copied this from Beth's blog at http://blog.lproof.org/)

My Dear Sister

If Christ is Your Savior
You are the dwelling place
Of His own Spirit
You have it IN YOU
to be secure.

Every day of your life
You have a choice to make
You can live in your old defeat
Or you can turn from your unbelief
And choose life

Make up your mind
To put off the old you
And put on the new you.

Never, ever, ever forget
That the Lord is your security.
He will keep your foot
From being caught in a trap.

He will take care of you
To your very last breath.

Now, leave this place
And go out into the world
And act like a person
Who knows she’s dearly loved.

You were born to be exceptional.
So, Girlfriend, go forth

And walk worthy of your calling.
You are clothed in strength and dignity!

Now unto Him
Who can keep you from falling
Be glory and majesty
Power and authority
Through Jesus Christ our Lord
Now and forever more
Amen.
So Long, Insecurity!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers