Friday, July 23, 2010

Things I don't have to do ...

...because he always does them for me.
    
Background:  I'm stealing this idea from my friend, Jean.  Check out her blog, Living for the Sonrise.  I feel like I can relate to her on so many levels, because she and I are in very similar circumstances these days!  We both have two young girls, both staying home with our kiddos (ok I am sort of staying home), both have great hubbies that deserve to be known as such!  She recently posted a list of things her hubby does for her.  I decided to do the same.

So here goes ....

- Take out the trash  (I recently realized how much I should appreciate this when Tim was gone and I had to contend with maggots in the garbage!)

- Mow the yard

- Feed, water and let the dog out

- Take the dog to the vet and take care of his shots, baths and medicines

- Pick up dog poop (enough said)

- Pay the bills and generally take care of all the financials

- Take or pick up the girls from the sitter on Thursdays

- Take the recycling out

-  Go to work everyday

- Take care of home maintenance - like plugged drains, toilets that won't flush, windows that get stuck, garages needing cleaning, downspouts full of leaves, light bulbs needing replaced, etc.

Typically the rest of the household duties are shared.  Sure there are things I typically do, but if I ever, ever, ask Tim to help me vacuum, do laundry, scrub a toilet, change a diaper, get a binkie at midnight, do the dishes, unload the dishwasher, get groceries, bathe the girls, read stories at bedtime or just about anything else he is willing to help out. 

In a world where conversation about our spouses is often reserved for bashing them, joking about their faults and imperfections, and generally speaking about the worst in them ... I am happy to join in a dialogue about what I appreciate about Tim.  His efforts to take care of me, our family, and our home do not go unnoticed or unappreciated. 
He is a good husband and a wonderful daddy to our sweet girls.  We love him to bits.

(Too bad he'll never read this!Ha!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers